Sunday, November 4, 2012

The NBA is Back

Just another day in the life.  I am in a extremely good mood. Why am I so happy?  Is it because it’s past midterms, Halloween week has arrived or even that it’s the start November? Wrong.  While all these things are positive, the real reason why you won’t see a frown on my face is the fact that the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season has arrived.
While most people will sit here and ask themselves why I’m such a big basketball fan, it’s simple: the Bobcats.  They have a real chance of making a push at the NBA championship this year.  If you think I’m kidding, move onto the next blog.  Also, if you think I’m kidding, you are right, the Bobcats are brutal.  That still doesn’t decrease my excitement for basketball this year.
For as long as I can remember, I have been a die hard fan of the Minnesota Timberwolves.  Being from Minnesota, the hockey state of the country, I find it odd that I became such a big fan of the basketball team, especially being a hockey player back in my younger days.  I’m not going to sit here and preach about the Timberwolves and their schedule and their roster and coaching staff because quite frankly, I don’t think many of you will care. So, I am going to use the rest of this blog to ramble on about why I am excited about the upcoming season.
 
Unlike football, the NBA has ACTUAL refs.  The refs who have been refereeing the NBA for years are back in action this year.  That means two things: ESPN won’t be talking about the referee flaws all day and the high school refs well, can stay high school refs.
Also, unlike last season, the NBA will be playing a full 82 game schedule.  Due to the lockout last year it was only a 66 game season, which required teams to play a lot of games in a short period of time.
Lastly, the rivalries that have developed for this year's NBA season are unlike any other sport.  Comment on my post if you think I’m wrong, but think about the different rivals in basketball.  Kobe and Lebron, the Lakers vs. the Heat. Dwight Howard, the Knicks, the Nets.  There are so many story lines that make this year extremely exciting.
To all you college partiers that will be spending Thursday nights roaming the streets of uptown, I will be sitting on the couch, watching Thursday Night TNT Basketball with a warm fire and a nice glass of wine.  Well, maybe not the glass of wine.

Talk to you soon,

CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment