Monday, November 5, 2012

Moving? Some advice.

     Painting a new apartment or moving into one, I'm not sure which is worse. Luckily for me, I have been given the opportunity to do both this past weekend and this upcoming week.  

     I've moved into apartments before with the utmost intention of painting all of the walls as soon as I get settled in. To me, it gives me more of a home feeling. My mom never allowed a white wall to enter any of our houses. Although my intentions were good, my dedication to paint  never followed through. So, now that I'm moving into a new apartment once again, I decided that buckets of paint,  paint rollers, brushes, into my place without any thing else. Not my greatest idea ever. 

     Five days and six buckets of paint later, I finally finished what I thought would only take two days, max. I even spilt half a bucket of green paint on my floor. I’m not exaggerating. Really, half a gallon of bright green paint tipped over as I tried to move a sheet I was using to catch the paint from hitting the floor. Figures, right? Words cannot describe the hopelessness felt as you take a towel to a carpet soaking in unforgiving BRIGHT GREEN paint! After scrubbing for about two hours and two bottles of stain removers later, the spot actually isn’t that noticeable, thank God. Oh, the life lessons that can be learned from moving into a new apartment.


    Now, I have even more work ahead of me as I move all of my furniture and stuff in. I know unpacking will take me forever, as my A.D.D. is way too bad to actually stay on task long enough to unpack an entire box of something. 

Wish me luck! ‘Cause this girl is going to need it. 

-Brittani Pedersen


1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine moving into a new apartment/house. I thought it was hard enough work moving into the college dorm rooms with help from athletes and my family. I really like the coloring you chose! Good luck moving in!

    ReplyDelete