Friday, October 5, 2012

QU In House Barber Shop


     This one goes out to all the broke college guys out there, especially you QU Royals.

     In my last blog I talked about knockaround.com, a wallet friendly sunglass distributer.  This time, I’m going to let you in on another bang-for-your-buck opportunity. 

     We are fortunate enough at Queens to have our very own resident barber, who provides a straight-blade quality cut for a fraction of the price any regular old barber would.  His name is Patrick Murphy commonly know as Murph.

     Ladies, I’m sorry but while the barber himself may be your style, I doubt his haircuts are for you. 

     For all you guys that want to keep tight lines and fresh fades but can’t visit the barbershop as often as you’d like because college has dried up the well, Murph is the solution.  Now I know there is a huge level of trust that we invest in the men and women we allow to cut our hair, but I’m here to reassure you that Murph has a level of control over his clippers that rivals any barber.

     This is a man who takes serious pride in his craft, as you would expect of any barber.  What separates our resident barber from any other is that he isn’t running a business here.  What he is doing is competing with the local business, not only by charging pennies compared to the local shops, but by giving you the same quality that you will find after you wait in line at the barber shop for 30 minutes or more.  Plus, the conversations you have in the chair are far more interesting.

     I first got Murph to cut my hair two years ago, and haven’t been to a barbershop ever since.  If that isn’t the testimony of a loyal customer, I don’t know what is.


     There are no formal hours that Murph operates under, but it is never hard to get an appointment at a time that works for you.  For security purposes I can’t reveal any personal contact info as Murph operates by word of mouth only but I can assure you that, if interested, you can ask a few of your fellow Royals and be directed to the right place.

Jeremy Bugbee

 

8 comments:

  1. This is so funny and convenient, I think it's a great idea for him to cut hair. It's easier because people don't have to make an appointment at the barber and then pay for it. I cut hair also, i'm not very good at guys hair but I cut a lot of my girlfriends hair. It's so much easier to just have a friend cut your hair instead of paying tons of money for it and making an appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can also say with confidence that Murph does an awesome job with the hair styling. I have been been going to Murph now for two years. Unless I am home, he's my registered barber. The man does detailed work for a fraction of the cost. What I believe is his most legendary technique is the straight blade. Most barbers don't dare to bring out the straight blade. Some because the people don't like it, but most because the barber themselves are not talented enough to use it. Murph uses the straight blade with confidence and the results are something that you can really appreciate.

    Mike Reed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have experienced a Patrick Murphy haircut, and I can say myself that they are great. I know sometimes he doesn't even ask for money when he cuts your hair. The best part about him is his ability to add style to the cut, not just shave your head. The pictures are great examples of things he can do with the clippers.

    Tim C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They looked scary the hair styles. I don't like it. Why dont they just have the regular hair cut? The omg crazy hair cut are fake fashion, real yokel. Why can't the people just have a clean simple fresh and normal hair cut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a freshman and murph has already become a friend and an excellent way to save money. his barbing skills match those of the surrounding areas barbers but the price is outstanding. he is easy to talk to and knows how to make a haircut look good. there is a high demand for haircuts in college and if you have not gone bald stressing over midterms or that paper you have due at midnight then you should give murph a chance. i highly recommend getting a murph cut, it saves so much money and it still looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed Indeed. I received my first haircut from Murph two years ago, and couldn't appreciate it enough that he did such a great job. He even gave me FREE haircuts since we lived on the same hall (Shoutout to BY3)! I think its a great thing that he offers his services to anyone on campus in need of a haircut. Even though he offers me free haircuts, he does such a great job, I still give him his going rate for a regular cut. He might should consider having barber styling as a secondary business once his career starts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally, have never had my hair cut by murph, but all I hear are great things. I think what he is doing for the Queens community says a lot about himself as a "man". I wouldn't say I know murph on a personal level but from the times we have interacted with each other, its only been positive. I commend him for taking advantage of what seems to be a rare talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta favorite this website it seems very helpful . Indijos-medicinos-viza

    ReplyDelete