Monday, October 1, 2012

Knockaround


I don’t know about you folks, but I myself am one of those people who just must have a pair of sunglasses whenever I venture outside during the day.  For most people, sunglasses aren’t just used to protect their eyes against harmful UV rays but to be a fashion statement as well; a reflection of one’s personality if you will.  Up until recently I was one of those people who would drop a pretty penny on a pair of fancy, name brand shades whether it be because I wanted others to think I was made of money or just because I thought price was directly correlated with quality.  Now I’m not denying that high quality sunglasses come at a cost, nor am I saying that I’ve got a suitcase full of cash stashed away for a rainy day or a hot date.  What I am saying is that I’ve found a solution to what has been a costly obsession with stylish shades.

            Unfortunately for me, I seem to have pretty poor luck with holding on to a pair of sunglasses for any extended period of time.  After losing several pairs of high priced shades, I finally came to conclude there had to be a less expensive alternative.   Luckily, just a few weeks ago out of the blue I noticed one of those super irritating ads while I was surfing the web, only this one was just what I wanted to see.  Over the past few weeks I’d been suffering from sunglasslessness and having to painfully endure the brightness of the sun every time I stepped foot out the front door and had no intention of purchasing another pair of over-priced shades that I would be likely to lose within a months time.  Unbelievably, some well-written algorithm had somehow figured out that I was desperately in need of a cure for my ailment and provided me with the perfect advertisement that linked me to knockaround.com. 

            Knockaround was the perfect solution to my desire for stylish shades but without the high price tag of the brands I usually gravitate towards.  Of course I was a bit skeptical about actually purchasing a pair online before trying them out because I had no idea what they would look like on me or if they would fit my face properly.  As it so happened, my roommate was the proud owner of a pair of Knockaround glasses himself and was actually on his third pair.  I know what you’re all thinking right about now; there is no way it played out like this, but oddly enough it actually did.  So I tried them on, got some third party opinions, and made the decision to go ahead and purchase a couple pairs myself.   By no means am I exaggerating when I say that it has been one of the best investments I have made, to date. 

            The variety of sunglasses that Knockaround has to choose from is virtually endless due to the fact that they provide a customizable option.  While customization costs a little bit extra, they are still way more affordable than the brands you find perched upon the faces of billionaires with money bags for paper weights.  The original Knockaround style is priced at just seven dollars, and the most expensive pair they offer has a price tag of $34, not bad for a completely customized design.

            I am a very satisfied owner of Knockaround sunglasses and highly recommend their products to anyone in the same boat as me.  They provide a quality product at an incredibly reasonable price.  Knockaround.com also has a variety of accessories including belts, bags, t-shirts, and knocchis.  With all the different style combinations and varieties of sunglasses along with other accessories, you won’t find it hard to meet the $50 minimum to earn free shipping.  

Jeremy Bugbee

9 comments:

  1. I own a pair of Knockarounds as well. Personally as satisfied as I was with the price, I was not as satisfied with the sunglasses themselves. Like you stated buying glasses online can be tricky because you can't try them on, but thats a risk I'm willing to take for $7 glasses. Overall knockarounds are definitely a bang for your buck, it just depends on your preference of sunglass style. Another website I found good glasses on is Kreedeyes.com. They have almost every style of eyewear, they are polarized, and only range from $20-$50. I have bought a pair from them and they were extremely nice but unfortunately I lost those within a few weeks of purchasing them. Overall depending on your price preference Knockarounds are your best option but if your looking for a little bit nicer glasses that are still relatively cheap I would recommend taking a look at Kreed.

    Tim C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the insight Tim. I haven't heard of Kreed before, and was quite impressed with the variety they offer. The only downfall to Knockarounds for me, are the lenses. Since Kreed has polarized lenses and a huge variety of styles, I may just be purchasing my next pair from them!

      Delete
  2. Your plight is the exact reason I never buy sunglasses from anywhere other than Target.Though knockaround glasses may be my new thing if they're easier on the wallet which can be a serious help at this point. The ability to customize them might be the reason I may just end up going to that site to pick up a few. Thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I do highly recommend Knockaround to everyone, I took a look at Kreedeyes.com which was mentioned in the comment above. This site provides a much wider variety than Knockaround. Yes, Knockaround does have a customizable option, but the only issue is the limited style variety. If you're looking for a new, reasonably priced pair of sunglasses, Kreed sunglasses are another option as they have a larger selection of styles to choose from.

      Delete
  3. i love knockarounds, after loosing a few pairs of raybans i started to look for cheeper shades that would hurt my pockets less when the day comes that i cant find the pair that i have been wearing for a week. i also came across knockarounds in the same way, an ad on facebook telling my not to bother with overpriced shades any longer drew me to the website and from there i was made into a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This past summer my boyfriend dropped $120 on brand name Ray Bands and although he loves them dearly he's managed to lose them twice (for several weeks) within the first four months. Every time they've gone missing, I've thought about how I should have talked him out of spending so much money on shades. Next time he loses them (because I know it's bound to happen again) I'll have to recommend that he checks out Knockarounds. They definitely seem like an affordable solution with a lot of creativity. Thanks for sharing this great find with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While Knockarounds are a great alternative to those pricey Ray Bans, the lens quality isn't quite up to the same standard. For me, I've come to realize that sacrificing polarization for price is well worth the trade. I came to the point where I could no longer take the anxiety of searching for a lost pair of sunglasses that cost over $100. I would strongly encourage you to convince your boyfriend to purchase a not-so-expensive pair of glasses to avoid such anxiety, and hold on to those Ray Bans tight.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Similar to you, I have a great appreciation for a fine pair of shades. In contrast, my sunglasses serve the purpose of an accessory. This website seems like a most excellent source for online shopping. I am thrilled to be able to check it out. Thanks for sharing this knowledge.
    -Shannon Fowler

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've know about knockarounds since this past summer I always have a twinge of regret that I haven't bought any yet. My only concern is that they wouldn't fit my face very well. I agree with others on that buying sunglasses from on online site is very risky and I'd personally much rather try them on in a store. I'd rather have boring sunglasses that I know fit me than a pair that I'm in love with but I can't ever wear.

    ReplyDelete