Monday, October 18, 2010



Microsoft has really out done their selves this time , by introducing a whole new form of entertainment. Kinect for the xbox the 360 is soon to be launched and has truly redefined how we play video games. Formally known under the code name Project Natal. Kinect works with several sensors to recognize your entire body as a controller, it takes into account everything from slight body movements, to voice recognition. Microsoft is looking to be competitive with Nintendo’s Wii Motion Plus and Sony’s Playstation Move. Kinect is a seperate unit from the Xbox and will be going for around 175-190 dollars.it will also require you to buy a whole new set of video games, but I'm sure no one will mind that after they see how much fun Kinect is! Kinect brings games and entertainment to life. Kinect is simple to use and for all ages. Easy to use and instantly fun, Kinect gets everyone off the couch. It will have everything from sports games, to games about raising animals, and even a new Star Wars game is on tap. Kinect is scheduled to be launched on November 4th of 2010. Purchase of Kinect will include a bundle package with the game Kinect Adventures. 

-Jason Cuzzupe

6 comments:

  1. Kinect is an interesting venture for Microsoft. This is the first of its kind for any gaming system and will hopefully be success. However, as an Xbox 360 owner I will not be purchasing Kinect. The games that they have shown have not really interested me all that much and the price is steep considering you can get a new Xbox 360 for around $200. If Microsoft is smart they will introduce games for Kinect that catch the magic of gaming (Halo, Forza, etc...) so that it will catch on. Otherwise, I see it has an expensive toy with no real worldly use (Gaming systems don't have much real world use for me besides Netflix or watching DVD's anyway besides entertainment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting!! With any luck Kinect will finally be the platform that allows people to play video games on a fully interactive level. Don't get me wrong, playing Call of duty is fun with a controller, but being able to move and have your body be reacting to everything in the game makes the entire experience that much more immersive. I can't wait to try this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juan Carlos GonzalezOctober 18, 2010 at 1:47 PM

    Microsoft has really done it this time. I remember seeing videos of the then called "Project Natal" when it was first announced. I find it amazing how they are coming up with these new kind of technologies. When the Wii first came out, the feel of controlling everything with the motion of your hand was spectacular, now I can't even imagine what it'll be like to have your entire body be the controller (pretty much). I've never truly been an Xbox person, but ever since I heard about Kinect, I've been seriously considering getting one. Can't wait for this new device to be released!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool concept. I remember seeing commercials for this a long time ago and thinking that this was never going to be released, and now it is in a month! I still am kind of old school and like playing my video games with a controller but I am very excited to try out the new Kinect system. It is going to be a huge Christmas hit, Microsoft really knows how to market and get the most out of a project that they don't know will succeed.

    Calvin Lescault

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super pumped for this to come out. the Wii is fun but the graphics are just not there, and they dont have a very good selection of games. the new playstation system looks like its going to be a big hit mainly because of the graphics and the better selection of games, but you still need to hold a controller in your hand which may throw off some people from buying it. thats why i think that the kinect is going to be such a huge hit. its the first none controller video gaming system that you can play at home. I cant wait to see what type of games they have for it. my only concern is the games my be over the top expensive, but i guess ill just have to wait and see!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new Microsoft Kinect is simply amazing. i never thought technology would come this far. I thought the Wii was awesome when it first came out, but now this completely trumps the Wii. The price of the product is very reasonable too! I can't wait to play the dancing games for Kinect and not have any chords or cables hanging off of me. I always manage to get my hand all tangles in the Wii hand strap, but no more of that. I will be first in line to get one of those.

    ReplyDelete