Saturday, October 2, 2010

"The League"

     Are you in a fantasy league? I constantly hear this during football season and wondered how many people actually get involved with fantasy football. From first hand experience I can tell you it helps your overall perspective of the game and is a great tool that everyone should utilize if possible. This is my second year involved in fantasy football and this year is looking prosperous compared to my rookie season, finishing 7th out of 10.
Fantasy football is simple; you gather at least 10 of your friends who want to organize a league where you can create your own fantasy football teams by conducting an online draft where you choose your players. You want to try and pick big name players who will produce the most on the NFL field, providing your fantasy team with points. Games during the NFL season are your teams schedule and you randomly play each person in a head to head battle of points.
I’m wondering how many people are involved in a fantasy league of some sort. It really is great b/c it allows you to open your mind. You may have players who you hate on your team but they are great players, forcing you to watch their NFL games. It becomes very completive and almost becomes a job. You have to research the week’s tops players, look at injury reports, account for game matchups etc. It really turns you into your own NFL manager. 
- Scott Marsicano

2 comments:

  1. I started playing Fantasy Football for the first time this year. A friend of mine is playing for the first time as well, so we decided to play together (we co-own a team). I really like it because it forces me to watch games other than Panthers games, and it makes Sundays a lot more exciting and fun. It's funny you said "you may have players who you hate on your team" because that's definitely what happened to me. We were doing so poorly at first, and then we picked up Michael Vick as our QB, and we ended up winning that week. I hate Vick as a person because of the horrible things he did to dogs, but I have to admit I love watching him play football. Anyway I feel like I've learned more about football in these past four weeks than I have in four years of watching the Panthers and Superbowls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have played fantasy football for three years now. This is the first time that I have done it with other Queens students. I really enjoy playing fantasy football because it keeps me up to date on every thing in the NFL. I frequently trade players and modify my lineup hoping to score big on Sundays. I enjoy the competition and tend to do well, although this year I am going to have to come from behind to win this league.

    ReplyDelete